I was preparing for a the week of training sessions and I was trying to think of a word or a phrase I could use to motivate my athletes/clients. I wanted to attempt to cover theproper way they better prepare for athletic competition, being able to lose a specific amount of weight before a special event, or the obstacles that daily life can throw at you.
What is the first thing most people say when referring to a person who is physically gifted, strong, agile, mobile, and physically fit?
We call them a “freak of nature” the individual must be Fast, Strong, and move efficiently. To achieve that the level of physical fitness the individual must be an F.R.E.A.K, which stands for F-uel your body, R-ecover, E-ducate yourself, A-ssess your goals, K-eep a routine.
Let’s get started:
- “F” for Fuel; you must give your body the proper balanced nutrition it needs in order to compete, have a better quality of life and for your body to work more efficiently.
- “R” for Recover, the “magic” happens during your rest and recovery. Take care of your body and it will take care of you.
- Next is “E” to Educate yourself, the more you know and understand about the training in regards to the progressions of the exercises, and the methods behind the training the more productive your training sessions will be and you understand to a point the method behind the madness.
- Next is “A” to Assess your goals, as you train and you body adapts to the training program you must assess the goals you have set to keep you hungry, which will help you continue to challenge yourself to reach new heights of performance.
- Last is “K” to Keep a routine, this is the foundation of the programming, this put you in fixed state of mind and will help keep distractions from interrupting your progress as you train; this is especially important during off-season training programs.
Over the next few months we will break down each of these elements in detail and show how they are interconnected. If you have any questions please shoot me an email. I look forward to your feed back and interaction with my blog,
-TRAIN WITH A PURPOSE-!